How to Make Earwires or Earring Findings
For some reason, I find myself with earwires on my mind and just how to make them. For some reason, their very shapes and variations are inescapably fascinating to me.
To that end, I have been researching and googling and reading up on them. Here are some of the images I have found. Special note will be given to good tutorials on how to make your own ear wires.
I have also started a separate board on Pinterest: Ear Wire Shapes.
Great How to Make Ear Wire Tutorials (in no particular order)
- Almond Ear Wires and a Pretty Pink Earring/Necklace Set by TheCraftySisters
- Art Jewelry - Forge your own ear wires - a good video tutorial on how to make a simple ear wire
- 20 gauge wire (0.8mm)
- round wire (not half-round or square as they hurt earlobes)
- do not forge the part of wire that will rest in the ear lobes (hurts!)
about 1.5 inch
- How to Make Long Ear Wires from Jewelry Making Journal
How to make Hoop Earrings - video tutorial with lots of helpful tips
- Easy Peasy Earwires (Part 1) by Bethany the ngnrdgrl
Easy Peasy Earwires (Part 2) by Bethany the ngnrdgrl
Highly Recommended tutorials. Earwires are made in pairs. Many different shapes covered.
- How to Make Kidney Ear Wires (by Wire Sculpture)
Ear Wires Shapes from Various Locations
This was from an Etsy listing.
This was from FireMountainGems.
This was from listing on ArtFire.
Please do visit Ear Wire Shapes (Pinterest) where there are many more fascinating collection of ear wires and their endless shapes.